Car accidents are one of the most common personal injury accidents in the modern era. Perhaps, one of the biggest reasons why this happens is because of the necessity of driving a motorized vehicle in the State of Florida. Everybody knows that if you do have a car in our large Floridian cities it will be quite difficult to get around.
If this difficulty persists, you will find yourself in a tough position when trying to meet your obligations. The reason we are mentioning this is that the number of cars on the road will definitely influence the number of reported car accidents in our cities.
Just like any other personal injury accident car crashes will bring with them pain, sorrow, emotional distress, and financial troubles. Imagine dealing with the physical repercussions of your accident while also having to figure out how to manage the financial aftermath of the incident. It is not easy at all! Why? This is because there is a distinct connection between injuries and medical care. You must understand that your health is above everything else and you must take care of it as soon as possible.
However, it is more than obvious that in our great country medical care is not free. Our nation operates on the premise of “you have to work for it” or “work hard to get.” Even though we understand that things in life need to be earned and not given, medical care should be a right and not a privilege. Nonetheless, words and ideas aren’t going to change anything in the near future. Actions are the only things that matter!
Since medical care isn’t cheap, you will have to pay a hefty price in order to recuperate correctly. Some people have the liberty of paying off the fees without even breaking a sweat. However, the grand majority are at the mercy of meager insurance that might not even cover the full amount of the expenses.
As a result, even though you may not be able to pay everything at once you will have to go into debt. So think about this, you get treated for your injuries, your dealing with emotional distress, and now you’re in debt. What a nightmare right? It doesn’t have to be that way though and we want to tell you why.
The reason for this is because car accidents are usually caused by someone else’s negligence. The moment that you suffer an impact under that circumstance you will instantly become a victim. As a victim of car accident negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries.
The importance of this relies on the fact that your compensation will amount to monetary relief for your medical bills and other expenses that become affected because of your accident. You are in every legal right to pursue an injury claim that can deliver you that money. However, we do have to tell you that trying to achieve this on your own will prove to be virtually impossible.
Dealing with the legal issues of your PIA is complex and very tedious. If you embark on legal challenges on your own, you may feel like the world will crumble on top of you. You can avoid this and still attain your compensation with the help of a car accident injury attorney.
These legal experts will help you design a competent car accident lawsuit in Florida so that your rights are protected and you get the compensation you deserve. Join us in this brief article, as we discuss the legal competencies of car accident lawsuits and how a personal injury attorney can help you file a lawsuit.
What Qualifications Are Needed To Pursue A Car Accident Lawsuit
As we mentioned before, any individual who directly causes the motor vehicle accident has to be held responsible. However, your word against them will not be sufficient. It is important to have a hard set of evidence at your disposal.
Having said that, we will now go over a series of guidelines that will allow you to formally present a lawsuit. Let’s go ahead and review it:
Instances of pain of suffering: You can qualify to receive compensation if it is proven that your damages have caused emotional and physical anguish.
Missed and or lost income due to injury: This is perhaps one of the most unfortunate aspects of a car accident. This is known to be an instance where the individual literally loses money and their job because their injuries do not allow them to work and get paid. Loss of income can result in disastrous financial turmoil. However, your compensation will be able to alleviate that burden off your shoulder while you get back up on your feet and recover from your injuries.
Medical billing: As we previously mentioned, medical and recovery bills will be astronomically expensive. Your two main priorities here are to make sure that you recover from your injuries but also not go into debt.
How to File a Lawsuit With The Help of a Car Accident Attorney
File the full complaint
- A complaint is a legal document that tends to consist of a series of paragraphs that provide detail on what happened, the claimed damages, and the legal standard for initiating the lawsuit. After the victim files the complaint, the lawsuit has officially begun.
Serve the complaint to the party at-fault
- There are specific rules for who may inform the complaint to the party at-fault. Those guidelines include when, how, and who serves the complaint. These rules vary from one jurisdiction to another, but the victim usually has a maximum of 30 days to inform the party at-fault about the lawsuit. However, that deadline can be prolonged when the defendant is proven difficult to get in touch with.
- Once this occurs, the party at-fault will answer to the victim by accepting or denying the factual allegations. Oftentimes, the negligent individual tends to accept fault to avoid a serious legal battle. When they accept the allegations, the settlement will be fair and substantial to the victim. However, if the party at-fault denies the allegations the settlement amount will be much larger.
Discovery of the facts
- The period of discovery will allow the victim to law all of the evidence at hand. Such evidence and witness accounts will be gathered by your personal injury attorney. The party at-fault will also present their version of the story. Nonetheless, your evidence that will include proof of damages, causes of accidents, and witness accounts will always triumph over baseless claims.
A trial in court
- Once the discovery process is over and the negligent party denies your claims, your lawsuit will go to trial. At that moment, your personal injury attorney will expertly defend your rights and deliver you the compensation that you deserve. Be advised that judges and juries tend to favor the victim either way.
Get Represented as Soon as Possible!
The following information was brought to you by the best car accident injury attorneys in South Florida. We hope that this article has brought you the necessary clarity to allow you to file your injury lawsuit. Remember, your damages need to be accounted for.
You should not feel like you do not have any options to move forward. Quite the contrary, with the help of a personal injury lawyer you will be able to file a car accident lawsuit in Florida. Get in contact with an injury attorney right away!