The Minoxidil is a generic name for medicine that is sold over the counter. The Minoxidil 5 is the generic medicine that is used to treat hair loss. Basically, the medicine helps in the growth of hair used in the treatment for male pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia. This belongs to a group of drugs that is known as vasodilator. The drug is basically antihypertensive vasodilator. The drug comes in form of foam or solution.
Dos and don’ts about the use of medicine
- It is always wise to read all the instructions given on the package before using the product for the first time.
- It is ideal to consult your doctor or pharmacist before you get this product and ask them if you are unsure about certain information.
- Minoxidil 5 should not be used on skin that has been cut, scraped, infected, irritated or red. It is right to wash your hands after use.
- Never use the medicine on the days you have chemically treated or colored the hair. Avoid using it for some days if there is scalp irritation.
- Don’t use the medicine more than required amount and times and never apply it on sunburned or irritated skin. There can be side effects like irritation or drying of scalp if the product is not applied correctly. Consult your doctor or pharmacists for safe use of the medicine.
- If medicine gets into eyes, rinse them with large amount of cool water. Avoid using it any parts other than that directed by the doctor.
Medicine takes time to show result so one must use them regularly for a period of time to see the benefits. It must be used continuously for the maintenance of the hair growth. If any serious problems are found, stop using the product and consult the doctor immediately.