When looking for a drug or alcohol treatment facility in Houston, keep the following in mind:
- The level of attention you desire (or need). Not every addiction treatment center offers all stages of treatment (ranging from medical detoxification to outpatient programmes). Before choosing a treatment center, be sure that the levels of care provided by this program suit your needs and expectations.
- The payment methods that the addiction treatment clinic accepts. Some rehabs accept private health insurance or state-sponsored health plans, while others only accept private fees.
- The program’s intended audience. Specialized programs and services at rehab clinics may be available to certain demographics, such as Veterans and individuals with co-occurring diseases. Others may offer LGBT/Gay-specific services as well as denomination-specific programs, such as Christian drug treatment centers.
- The duration of the program. Do you need treatment for a short or lengthy period of time? If you’re looking for a long-term residential facility, some facilities may be better than others.
Tips to Help Maintain Sobriety
The following are some suggestions to help you stay sober:
- Avoid reverting to old routines and habits.
It will be simpler to relapse into your old habits and behaviors if you stop using your preferred substance but keep doing the same activities, hanging out with the same people, and visiting the same places without changing your surroundings. It will be clear to you what immediate changes you need to make, such as not hanging out with the people you abused drugs with or received them from. It won’t help you stay sober if you hang out with your old drinking buddies or drug dealers. Changing your commute to work or home may also be required to avoid triggers such as people, places, or things that make you want to use drugs or alcohol again.
- Seek assistance
Consider joining a support group if meeting new sober acquaintances is proving tough. Participating in family activities and supporting loved ones can also help you live a healthier lifestyle and avoid circumstances where you might be tempted to use drugs or alcohol. A therapist’s assistance is also necessary. With the aid of a mental health professional, you can overcome some of the challenges you’ll experience on your path to recovery. You can build new coping mechanisms, adjust your thinking habits, and address any co-occurring mental health disorders that may be impeding your recovery with the aid of a therapist.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of a relapse
You can have a relapse without realizing it if you aren’t aware of the warning signs. There are three stages to relapse: physical, mental, and emotional. Taking up a drink or a drug is just the start of the journey.
The following symptoms indicate a relapse:
- Engaging in self-destructive, compulsive conduct
- Visiting areas where drug and alcohol abusers are present
Mallard Lake Detox Center Is an Excellent Place to Start Your Recovery Journey
At Mallard Lake Detox Center in Houston, each addiction is addressed on an individual basis. Mallard’s counselors personalize each treatment plan to the patient’s specific needs, as each patient is unique. Contact our online team of experts for more information.