Earrings are something that women are seen wearing on a regular basis. These rings are used to make women look classy and stylish. Most women prefer diamond earrings, but some who are well aware of the diamond industry dislike diamonds as it has a negative impact on mother earth and on the health of those miners who risk their life to get those diamonds for us. Women who love to wear diamonds but are unable to wear them because of their negative impacts, often buy moissanite earrings. Moissanite is famous for bringing the best alternative to diamonds.
Is it a fake diamond?
Many people question whether moissanite is a fake diamond. The ethical values might stop people from buying diamonds, but they do not want to wear anything fake and therefore are found confused when they are given the option of buying moissanite instead of diamonds. To solve this doubt, it is very important for people to understand that moissanite is not fake.
The conditions, under which a diamond occurs naturally, are replicated in the laboratory to form moissanite. These make it the best alternative available. This isn’t a fake diamond but a man-made diamond. Women can wear them and proudly flaunt them, just as they would do with their diamond earrings.
Is it long-lasting?
Moissanite is less costly than diamonds but that doesn’t mean that the quality is compromised. The quality is as good as a diamond and is durable. Just like diamonds they are sustainable and long-lasting. There is no fear of the earring losing its shine and luster. The wearer can be confident about it and doesn’t need to fear anything. It can be used as daily wear, or for parties, depending on your choice and the earrings shape. It is known to last for the lifetime and if it is paired with a platinum or gold, its lifetime increases.
Advantages of moissanite
Moissanite has a lot of advantages and disadvantages are the main reason why people buy them
- Moissanite is budget-friendly which means that they are less expensive than diamonds and helps to save some money for future shopping.
- Moissanite Maintains higher clarity than diamond. Moissanite is lab-made which means that they are not naturally formed. This is the reason why it is not sold in the market until and unless there are no blemishes.
- Since they are lab-created this gives the Where are the feelings that they are using something that is ethical and has not been made out of the misery of the miners.
- Moissanite is highly reflective and has a level of brilliance which makes the color is very much noticeable.
Disadvantages of moissanite
Though there are various advantages of moissanite, there are certain disadvantages as well. Some of them are as follows:
- Diamonds are known for their spark brilliance and elegance. They are not as sparkling as moissanite. The strong sparkle of the moissanite is a direct giveaway that it is not a diamond.
- Diamonds have made a place for itself in the market. It is specially used for occasions like engagement and marriage. It is often associated with love and romance. Moissanite being a new addition has not been able to make a place for itself yet. People are unable to associate it with love and romance.
- Although diamonds are not used for investments, yet it has a high value. It can be passed on to generations as an heirloom. But, moissanite does not possess any such value.
Just like the diamonds, moissanite is also graded; therefore there is no chance for the buyer to be cheated if he is wise enough to ask for the proper certificates form the seller.
Color grading is done for moissanite. Moissanite is generally found in two categories: colorless and color. The colorless one is brilliantly clear but the color ones are found to have a yellowish or greenish tone in the stone. Grades D, E, F are used to represent the colorless stones, graded G, H, I are used for nearly color stones, and the last grading – J and K are used for tones of color.
Clarity grade shows the number of imperfections that are present in moissanite. These inclusions are not visible to naked eyes and can only be detected through a microscope. The clarity grading’s are
- FL, IF. : Flawless
- VVS1, VVS2: very very slight flaw
- VS1, VS2. : Very slight flaw
- SI1, SI2. : Flaws slightly included
- L1, L2, L3. : Flaws included
The polish and the symmetry help in grading the cut of moissanite. Moissanite is found in different cards, but there is a basic part that determines whether the moissanite can be graded Excellent, Very Good, Good, The cut needs to be graded as the 4 c’s are something that a buyer checks before buying a gemstone. If anyone of the
The last grading is given to the carat size. The heavier the gemstone, the more is the carat or vice versa. The weight of the moissanite often gets affected by the cut of the stone. This makes it important for the buyer to choose moissanite whose cut is graded as ‘very good’. Moissanite with a ‘very good’ grading, is lesser in-depth but wider. This means their measurements are larger, making the stone look visually larger than its carat weight.
Moissanite is generally less expensive than diamonds. The cost of a one-carat moissanite eating might range from $500- $600. The price keeps increasing with the increasing weight.
Moissanite and diamonds have their own importance and it depends on the wearer whether they want to opt for the naturally formed diamond or man-made moissanite. It is important for the buyer to do some extensive research on both the stones so that they are able to clear their doubts and go with their preferred gemstone. To conclude, it is necessary for the buyer to check the authentication of any gemstone or jewelry that they buy. Every gemstone has a grading facility that tells the buyer about the flaws of the stone and whether or not it is in its purest form.